Signet PDA200/2 Induction Afils Loop Amplifier 200m2
SigNET PDA200/2 professional current mode audio-frequency induction Afils loop amplifiers offer outstanding sound quality at a competitive price.Helping deaf hearing aid users.
They are ideal for use in large prestigious applications such as theatres, churches, cathedrals, cinemas, large conference halls, etc., where first class sound and unrivalled reliability are a must.
Each amplifier includes one balanced microphone input and one switchable balanced mic. or line level input, both of which will accept standard 3 pin XLR connectors. Optional 11V phantom power is also available on both inputs to allow the use of electret or condenser microphones.
By popular demand, each amplifier also features a four-way ‘Outreach’ input offering full compatibility with SigNET’s unique Outreach Plate audio input extension system. This system allows the connection of up to 10 additional microphone or line level inputs via a range of specially designed single gang connector plates.
The pre-amplification stage of each amplifier utilises an advanced signal processing system that allows tight control over the audio signal without any degradation of output quality. A metal compensation control is also provided to help offset the frequency response problems associated with excessive metal content of some rooms.
Other features include three level controls (one for each input), a loop drive control, an output current meter and a ‘compression’ activity display giving visible indication of the amplifier’s compressor.
Audio-frequency induction loop systems work by transmitting amplified sound to hearing aids. Most hearing aids have a ‘T’ or ‘MT’ switch which allows them to pick up the electromagnetic field generated by an induction loop system. The hearing aid converts this signal to a sound suited to its user’s specific hearing requirements, allowing them to participate more fully in general conversation, ordering goods or services, etc.
- Two XLR 3 pin input sockets - one balanced mic. and one switchable balanced mic./line
- Optional 11V phantom power available for electret or condenser microphones
- Outreach input allows the connection ofup to 10 additional mic. or line level inputs via a series of separately available single gang connector plates
- Adjustable level controls provided for all inputs - can be used individually or together as a three-  input mixer.
- Adjustable drive control allows the loop current to be adjusted to suit a rooms individual characteristics
- Metal compensation control helps offset the frequency response problems associated with excessive metal in a building.
- True output current meter
- Visible indication of the amplifiers compressor action via two LEDs
- 3.5mm headphone socket allows true monitoring of the output signal
- Advanced audio signal processing with automatic gain control (AGC)
- On-board cooling fan on PDA500/2 and PDA1000/2 promotes stable operating temperature and increased reliability
- All models designed to meet or exceed the requirements of BS7594 and EN60118-4 when correctly installed
- Power - 230-240 V a.c. mains (PDA200/2 <150 VA; PDA500/2 <225 VA; PDA1000/2 <300 VA). IEC 320 fused mains lead supplied)
- Inputs - Line (3 pin XLR) - impedance: 6k8 + or - input to ground; Sensitivity: 200mV 2.5V RMS balanced or unbalanced. Microphones (3 pin XLR) - impedance: 6k8 + or - input to ground; Sensitivity: 1- 8 mV balanced Phantom power: 12V switchable (on/off) Outreach (Four-way Weidmuller connector BL5. 08/4) - impedance: >10k; Sensitivity: 500mV - 6V RMS balanced Outreach Power: 16 - 21 V d.c. is available via the amplifiers Outreach Socket.
- Output type - Current mode
- Loop connector - Four way binding posts
- Recommended loop impedance: 0.5 - 1 Ohm @ 1KHz. Will drive higher impedance loops with reduced area of coverage.
- Loop drive current @ 1 Ohm: PDA200/2 - 6A; PDA500/2 - 9A; PDA1000/2 - 12A.
- Peak loop drive current (Measured over 5mS integration time) - PDA200/2 - 8 Amps @ 1 Ohm, 13Amps @ 0.5 Ohm; PDA500/2 - 12 Amps @ 1 Ohm, 19 Amps @ 0.5 Ohm; PDA1000/2 - 14 Amps @ 1 Ohm, 24 Amps @ 0.5 Ohm
- Recommended cable gauge: See Loop Cable Selection Graph (above).
- Headphones: 3.5mm jack socket allows monitoring of the loop signal via >32 Ohm headphones.
- Maximum area coverage: For a 400mA/M field strength +/- 1dB. PDA200/2 @ 6A max short term current: Square room = 200m2; Rectangular room (2:1 aspect ratio) = 240m2 PDA500/2 @ 9A max short term current: Square room = 500m2; Rectangular room (2:1 aspect ratio) = 600m2 PDA1000/2 @ 12A max short term current: Square room = 900m2; Rectangular room (2:1 aspect ratio) = 1100m2
- Performance Frequency response: 20Hz - 14 KHz + - 3dB; Distortion: Less than 0.5 %; S to N ratio: Better than -65dB any input
- Compressor: Gives dynamically variable compression ratio from 1:1 (no compression) to 17:1 Attack time: Approx. 10mS. Release time: Approx. 2.2S Metal Compensation: True 3dB /octave design counteracts frequency dependent absorption by metal in the proximity of the installation over a bandwidth of approximately 100Hz - 10KHz.
- Indicators - Power on LED: Red Loop current: A five LED bar graph type meter is provided to allow monitoring of loop current output and assist in setting up the amplifier. This is provided by monitoring true output current rather than from a line level derived signal. This meter has PPM type characteristics i.e. fast attack and slow release. This allows easy reading of fast peaks. Accuracy - +-10% Compression: A two LED display is provided for indication of signal compression. The first LED shows the beginning of compression whilst the second indicates very high compression levels have been reached.
- Controls - On/Off switch incorporated into IEC mains inlet. Four way piano key style DIP switch selects Phantom power for mic 1 & 2 XLR inputs and switches XLR input 1 between Line and Microphone settings. The fourth of the 4-in-line switch is not connected. Level controls for XLR 1 (Line/Mic switchable), XLR 2 (Mic) and Outreach. These can be used individually or any of them together, in which case they act as a three input mixer. Drive control: Sets the level of amplifier output current supplied by the amplifier. Metal compensation control. When fully anti-clockwise has no effect on the signal. When turned clockwise imparts a rising 3dB/octave characteristic to the frequency response of the amp to counteract the effect of metal in proximity to the loop.
- Cooling Requirements - The PDA1000/2 and PDA500/2 have thermostatically controlled cooling fans, which are activated when the amplifiers internal heatsink temperature reaches approxi. 56oC. The PDA200/2 model does not require a cooling fan, as it does not generate as much heat as the larger models.
- Dimensions - All models: Length - 380mm; Depth - 220mm; Height - 80mm
- Weight - PDA200/2 - 3.74Kg, PDA500/2 - 3.46Kg; PDA1000/2 - 4.54Kg
- Additional Information
SKU Signet PDa200/2 Barcode No Manufacturer Signet Manfacturer Code PDA200/2 Series No